Tuesday, June 26, 2007

In the Past Month


I seriously just barely posted an entry equivalent to War and Peace, so I'm gonna make this as short as possible. Of course, I know I've said that in the past, and that promise has almost always ended up being a load of malarkey. But, we'll see...

Kevin's parents came out to visit for a week, which was definitely one of the highlights of the month. It took a day for the girls to warm up to them, but they got used to them fairly quickly. Of course, the trip Kev and I took to Washington D.C. helped push that along (see previous post). We went to the zoo, where Allie got to feed the fish, the birds, and a giraffe... which, of course, never happens when we go alone 'cause you have to buy the food. And other than going to the zoo and letting them spoil the girls, I didn't really take them to do much. I really did offer some ideas, but they seemed to just want to stay around the house. Turns out that since they've been preparing to move, they haven't had time to just sit and watch TV or read books. And they definitely haven't been hanging out with grandkids. Although, it won't be long before they move to Utah, and then they'll have grandkids around to play with all the time! Pretty nice-- I know my parents are envious, that's for sure. The day after they flew home, when Kev came home in the evening, the door chimed as it opened, and Allie declared, "Grandma and Grandpa are home!" Poor thing. We're going to be making a trip to Phoenix come August, though, for her cousin's sealing to her aunt and uncle, so I've been getting her excited about getting to see them, my aunt Gina, as well as seeing Grandma and Grandpa, who will be there. Then the girls and I will hop on a plane to San Diego to see my parents. So, she's also pretty excited to see her other Grandma and Grandpa, and silly Uncle Evan who, according to Allie, "gives Dad hugs." Uh, okay, kid.

Earlier in June, Sami decided that walking would be her main mode of transportation, and since then hasn't stopped. The crazy woman can reach anything you think is out of her reach, and taught herself how to open doors. She's trying with all her might to run, and I must say she has gotten more agile, and, therefore, more difficult to catch-- juking me several times a day, trying to get away from me when she has popped something inedible in her mouth, like a hair clip or Barbie shoe.

Well, I suppose I'll end there, and try to keep to my word.

1 comment:

Emma said...

Love the update and all the new pictures!