After hopping out of the shower yesterday, I noticed it to be eerily quiet. I started to quickly get dressed in anticipation of finding a disaster, but after a minute, I heard Sami's trademark whine as well as some noises from Allie I couldn't really make out. Relieved at hearing the noise, I went back to leisurely getting dressed, when I noticed Sami's whines to be getting a bit louder with more of an anxiety to them. I rushed to the girls' rooms, and saw both of their doors closed, but the sounds were coming from Sami's room.
I eased open the door to see Sami lying on the ground with her thumb in her mouth and her pink fleece "bwaydjuh" (blanket) up to her face. Her shorts were on the floor, her onesie unsnapped, and a diaper loosely attached around her bum. Allie was sitting on the floor near her, looking confused as to why I looked so confused. Suddenly I realized the diaper looked new, unused.
I calmly asked, "Allie, what did you do?"
"I changed Sami's diaper!"
I bit nervous about what was exactly in the used diaper, I asked, "Did Sami poop, honey?"
"No, she just whizzed."
She told me what she did exactly, and pointed to the used diaper. I looked a little ways past Sami's head and saw the old diaper open on the floor, with apparently used wipes laying around it. Thankfully, Allie wasn't lying-- no poop.
I sighed in relief, hugged Allie, told her she did a good job, but that she needed to talk to Mama first before changing Sami's diaper the next time. She really did do a pretty good job, though. Of course, she couldn't get the onesie re-snapped, nor could she put Sami's shorts back on, but the diaper, although a bit loose, was put on the right way and attached correctly-- I would bet there's many a dad in the world that couldn't do that.
Now if we could just get Allie to change her own diapers, life would be complete.
2 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment