Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Nine Years!

I seriously cannot believe today is our ninth anniversary. Our babysitter even thought it was crazy that we were married "in 2000... woah..." Gee, that didn't make me feel old at all.

I think what stuns me the most, though, is that I honestly do not feel old. I feel like... me... only nine years older, which happens to be thirty, and not twenty-three like one of our sister missionaries thought the other day. I died laughing. She seriously thought I was twenty-three years old!

We had a nice evening out, though. Spent a quiet dinner at Skewer's in Indialantic, an intimate Mediterranean/Lebanese restaurant that makes killer hummus and stuffed grape leaves. Hardly anyone was there, we sat outside enjoying the cool breeze, and our waiter was articulate and attentive. After dessert, we took a quick stroll down to the beach. We didn't stay long-- the breeze was a bit gusty and chilly right on the water. Yep, we're Florida wimps now.

We came home to our sitter apologizing for getting the kids to bed a little bit late-- juggling three at bedtime is a trick she had never really tackled before. We didn't care, though. We had a nice dinner out, and came home to sleeping children whom she kept alive. That's all that mattered.

7 comments:

Emma said...

Happy Anniversary. She thought your were 23 with 3 kids? hmmm. I guess it could happen.

R and R said...

What a great evening. I am so glad you got a way for a few hours. I completly feel that way about babysitters - keep the kids alive and happy and the house not burned down - great job! That is sometimes all I manage to accomplish in a day too!

Hannah said...

Happay Anniversary! And it's always so fun to get out without the kids!

Heather said...

Happy Anniversary! I love Skewers, they do have the best hummus!

Jill and Kevin said...

Happy Anniversary!

Jill said...

Happy Anniversary (a couple days late)!

That's so wonderful... happy for you that you have such a beautiful family.

shabba shabba said...

I'm pretty sure I was still in middle school in 2000.

Just kidding. Happy anniversary!