Today in Nursery at church (which was Sami's first day, by the way), Karen went in to lead the singing time for the day, as she usually does. The kids love "Popcorn Popping," a fun activity song (and Sami's favorite song) actually about the springtime blossoms on apricot trees, how they resemble popcorn popping-- something little Floridians can really relate to. To get their attention and to remind them of the words, Karen recited the first line.
"I looked out the window and what did I see?" The idea was to get them to say the next phrase.
"Popcorn popping!" the kids exclaimed... except for Allie.
Allie's response? "Lizards!" And the kids all ran to the windows.
I suppose that's true, though, being in Florida. You can always find a lizard running across any window screen. She's a thinker, that one!
2 years ago


4 comments:
I looked out the window and guess what I'd seen, a lizard scamper cross' the ol' porch screen,
bein' where it's sunny brings us a suprise, critter after critter right before my eyes,
Wanna' go outside for fun but Mom says nay, "there so dang big that they would carry you away",
I wished that could go and mom just smiles at me, "You can go outside and play when you're the age of three."
We used to see lizards all the time in TX. David told me, today in fact, "I wish we could see more lizards".
Haha. That is REALLY cute.
This is Jessica Alexander. 2 more months for Dean, I can't wait. Church will become so much easier. Your girls are beautiful.
Post a Comment