Last Friday while Allie and I were in the Orlando airport getting ready to come home, I called Kevin to let him know we had landed. After a few minutes he said, "Have you checked your email today?"
"No. I did last night, but not today. Why?"
"You're in the paper-- front page of the Life section."
A few weeks ago, in looking through Florida Today, I noticed a small note in the Life section calling for past homecoming queens to make themselves known for a future article. I was hesitant at first (people teasing me mercilessly, people thinking I was still hung up on it, etc.), but then I realized it would be a good time to reflect upon it and write a little about it, since I couldn't remember if I ever had recorded that event at all. I did as it asked, writing a few paragraphs on it, and scanning and emailing a few pictures.
A week later, the reporter called me back while I wasn't home. She left a message asking me to call her back so she could ask me a few questions. I forgot to call her back, though. I was getting ready to fly out to Utah with Allie and I really didn't have time to that at the moment. We never did talk to each other, so I didn't think much about it. I figured, too, that if anything got printed, it would be in the middle of the paper would no one would see it. Ha.
So, here's the web address to the online Florida Today article. Pictures can be viewed by clicking on the links under "Web Extras." http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071019/LIFE/710190301/1005/
BREAKING&GID=moadPVm8e4ir2Mel3cADFCyK20iHlrtkifZt/r6Yheg%3D
2 years ago


3 comments:
Ah, that's a cool story and a GREAT memory!
that's pretty cool!
So I tried clicking and it didn't work. I'll have to paste it in the address bar, but for now, I wanted to say VERY COOL! By the way, I loved the one liner, "the halloween contest we lost." I got a big 'ol kick out of that!!
Post a Comment