Tuesday, April 3, 2007

It's All in the Past

I know I'm supposed to write an update, but I've already written two posts in the last two days, with this being the third. I honestly don't know if there's much left to write about. I figured I'd talk a bit about the birthday party we threw for Allie and Sami earlier in March.

After Allie's birthday came and went, I realized I was rapidly losing time if I wanted to plan something. I had previously had this idea of having a pajama-themed party, and I thought, "Why not?" So, I went with it, got on the computer, made an invitation in flier form, and emailed it the all the girls' friends from the ward-- the kids that had been in Nursery with Allie, and then the babies born the same year as Sami. The party started in the morning, and everyone was to come in their jammies. I made a big pancakes/eggs/bacon breakfast, and hid "golden" pancakes around the yard for the kids to find. We had a "Craziest PJs" contest, the winner being Todd, one of the dad's who wore some cool PJs from Africa or something. Then the kids settled down and watched Veggie Tales, which I had checked out for FREE from the library. The best parts? I didn't have to make a cake, and the rule of the party was that no one was to bring any gifts for the girls, which totally worked since they don't have a clue about that birthday-party tradition anyhow. Personally, I really enjoyed it.

No comments: