For the Family Home Evening lesson tonight we discussed the principles outlined in "The Family: A Proclamation to the World" (http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?locale=0&sourceId=1aba862384d20110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&vgnextoid=e1fa5f74db46c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD), talking about how following those principles can help us have a happy home.
Kevin read a scripture dealing with the principle, and commandment, of forgiveness. I asked, "So what is forgiveness? What does it mean to forgive?"
Allie sat up a bit and answered, "Forgiveness is when someone does some badness..." She hesitated before continuing, her eyes focused upward, trying to find the right words, and then she went on, "... but you still love them."
Kevin and I looked at each other, astounded. How right, Allie! How right...
2 years ago


2 comments:
Sometimes our children are our greatest learning tool:)
I love children so much. I love words and how the different organization and placement of words can help you think about something in a different way than you ever have before. I think Allie's wording was perfect...and it makes you think, doesn't it?
Post a Comment