Saturday, January 10, 2009

They kill me!

Last night at dinner, Allie's cute rambling went to the mixing up of our family roles-- Dad was Allie, Sami was Dad, Mom was Sami, and Allie was Mom.

"Is that so?" I said to her, "So, if you're Mom, then what does Mom say?" I knew I was possibly setting myself up, but I couldn't resist. Curiosity got the better of me.

She shrugged her shoulders, grinned, and covered her mouth bashfully. It took her all of fifteen seconds to come up with, "Children, stop it! You're driving me crazy!"

I died laughing.


Then later that evening as we began to head home from Sam's Club, Sami broke down. I'm really not sure what happened-- something about her blanket. Maybe Allie handed it to her when she wanted to get it herself? I really don't know. All I do know, is the situation ended in Sami breaking down. Oh, how the pathetic tears flowed! Allie, exasperated, turned to her and yelled, "I hate your whining!"

Sami responded, "I hate your screaming!"

Touche
.

1 comment:

Heather said...

That's so funny. Love the imagination. Mattie just started doing a similar thing. Usually she is the mommy and I get to be the grandma or dog!