Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Drew's Latest Feats

I often forget to talk about the Drewster. So here's what he has been doing lately.

He started pointing a few weeks ago, starting the day some friends were babysitting him while Kev and I were at the temple. We returned, and I walked in the room for Drew to look at me and point.

Mrs. Williams, the director of Sami's preschool, taught Drew how to blow kisses last week. He gets some pretty good sucking action-- much more advanced than the "mmme!" Allie would do at the same age. It took her a while to master the kissy sound.

He finally caught on to the signs I've been doing for about nine months, and started signing "food" and "please" about a month ago. Although, he seems to have given up on signing "food" and just signs "please" for absolutely anything he wants. Figuring out what exactly he wants now is the trick.

He says "mama," "Mom" (which I think actually refers to his blanket, but whatever...), "Mommy," "Da" and "Dada," "C'acker" (cracker), and "hi" and "bye" (not very often, though). I have heard him repeat book and baby as well, but the meanings don't mean much to him. He loves to say "Uh oh", too... usually when he drops his dinner on the floor because he thinks it's nasty, which is every night.

He had his 15 month check-up yesterday-- 24.6 lbs. and 31 in. 50th percentile for both. But his head is in the 80th percentile. I wish I could remember the measurement, though. He has been taking steps for about a week now, and wore shoes for the first time today.

Cute Drew!

4 comments:

R and R said...

Drew is such a darling little boy!! Wish we could see him more often :(

Kimberly said...

Go Drew! Good job!

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness, he looks so big now! It's weird, but he looks like such a little boy compared to his birthday pictures where he looks like a little baby boy still. He's such a cutie. What a handsome guy!

Shelly J. said...

He looks like a chubby little Kevin. Sooo cute!