I apologize for not sending an update last month, but it was for good reason. I just wasn't feeling well. Fatigue. Nausea. Headaches. Gee, from those symptoms you'd think I was pregnant or something! Actually... I am pregnant. Yes, I'm thirteen weeks along into this one, and due December 13th. All seems to be healthy so far. I had a bleeding episode at eight weeks, that sent me to the ER thinking I had miscarried, but apparently it was subchorionic, and the baby was fine. We decided to tell the girls this past Monday night why Mom's tummy was getting bigger.
I said, "Allie, have you noticed that Mom's tummy has been getting bigger?"
"Yeah." She kept her head down, picking away at her dinner.
"Why do you think that is?"
Her answer surprised us. "Mm... 'cause you have a baby in your tummy."
Kevin and I looked at each other with wide eyes, and I told her, "Well, Allie, you know what? You're right, there is a baby in Mom's tummy!"
She looked up, her eyes popping out, and she and Sami asked, "Can I see it?"
They were disappointed that they couldn't see it yet. I told them they'd be able to hear the heartbeat at Dr. Foster's office the next morning, but Allie was still hoping he'd "cut the baby out of Mom's tummy." Morbid child.

This past Friday was Kevin's off-Friday, so we spent the day at Sea World. At the end of the day I asked Allie what her favorite part of the day was, and she declared it was playing in the water-- the play ar
ea with water jets and toys for the kids. We had packed along swimsuits and extra sunscreen. I was sure her favorite part of the day would have been riding the "grown-up" ride Journey to Atlantis with her dad-- a somewhat eerie ride with a terrifying seemingly nearly vertical drop, kind of like Disneyland's Splash Mountain. Yeah, they were put in the fron
t row, and she wasn't even fazed. I saw the picture on the screen, and Allie was clinging to the rail, gritting her teeth and squinting, but Kevin was the one with his mouth wide open in mid-scream, his eyes popping out of his head. I'm excited for the day I can ride Sea World's Kraken with her, their psycho roller coaster. Sami's the one who gets scared easily, though. She had to cling to her dad claiming, "I'm scared!" when the Sesame Street characters came out during the Elmo show. We just rolled our eyes. I think she plays it up 'cause she knows she'll get some attention. She's a manipulator, that one.
At the end of May, Allie ended her first year o
f preschool by participating in their end-of-the-year program featuring the children singing the cute songs they had learned since Christmas. It took Allie a couple songs to get in the groove. That girl has some pipes. She has way more volume than I've ever had-- maybe it's a confidence thing. She is not shy about singing out
. One grandfather commented to me, "So, was your daughter the little singer?" She was right in the middle, belting out every song , so it was hard for anyone to miss her. My fr
iend Aimee, Jackson's mom, came up and said in her Tennessee drawl, "Allie is quite the little singer!" She had such a blast this past year. For her, private preschool was definitely the right thing. I had contemplated doing it myself, but then, when I screwed my head on straight, I realized that Allie in-particular not only needs to be social and interact with other kids often, but needs to get time away from her mom and little sister. Plus, I honestly just didn't want to have to worry about planning lessons. But what a difference it has made for her demeanor! Mrs. Tiller has been a peach of a teacher, and Mrs. Williams, the school's director is one of the most loving, positive people I know.Tomorrow the girls start their month of swimming lessons, and they can't wait. Allie has been asking me about it for a month, literally. I'm not really looking forward to the parent-tot class with Sami, though. I know her, and she's going to get irked with me for not letting her swim by herself. That is her favorite line these days, "No! I do it by myself!"
She has also gotten into this repeating conversations-thing. As Kevin and I talk at dinner, she'll try to get involved by repeating what we're saying, since it must be important. It's cute. We look at her smile. Maybe we just need to actually involve her in the conversation more...
I really hope Blogger keeps working for me, so I can write more updates and posts. I haven't been able to post any of my creative writing either...
... not that you all really mind all that much.


7 comments:
Congrats on baby #3!!!! I hope you are feeling better now. I'm sorry blogger has been such a pain for you.
Congrats to you guys again! Its about time you made your announcement, you totally already have a cute little tummy! December babies will be fun.
Congratulations! :)
Glad blogger let you in again. And then there is me that blogger lets in and I don't seem to get things written. Maybe my life will get to be more normal soon. It was great to see all your new fun pictures!
I totally got the White Christmas reference! Good stuff! Congratulations! I thought you might have miscarried too, but I'm glad to see that you didn't. How fun for all the new babies. Tell Sami she makes my day whenever she's so excited to see Jane and me.
Congratulations!! We are excited for you!
Hey, Carley Rice here. Congrats on your pregnancy. That is so fun. Apparently everyone is having Dec. babies, you, Heather, and Stephanie. What an Exciting time. Our blog is carfrogs.blogspot.com. In case you want to keep in touch that way. Did you know we're moving to Arkansas in 2 weeks? It is on our blog.
Post a Comment