Thursday, April 10, 2008

In the Past Month

I just came back in from the back porch, which is screened (Florida-- nuff said), where I had to run around like a fool to chase a little lizard out... for the third time since lunch! What the heck is this lizard's deal, his (or her) attachment to our porch? Oh, and it's easy to find the sucker since it always goes to the same spot-- sits at the top of the metal chair sitting in the sun. And he just sits there, sunning himself. Vain little... Most lizards have not been either able or willing to sneak into our porch. What's the point really? No bugs, so no food. But this guy is bound and determined to make that dang chair his home. I actually had tried to chase him into a bucket I had put on the ground so that I could throw him out of the yard, but he actually just squeezed back under the door and ran out into the yard. But I'm all anxious now about this lizard finding his way back in and torturing me.

Anyway... I know that I said I was back, like, eons ago. I was wrong, which is why nothing has been posted since January. Up until yesterday, when Kev was prompted to get a new modem in hopes of it solving our Vonage issues (audio kept getting dropped on one side-- very annoying), I couldn't log in, but suddenly with the new modem, we could log in to Blogger easily. Uh, okay. I'm not going to question it. But recently I did actually start a new blog with freeblogit, since they would actually let me in. Since this works now, though, I'll rededicate my blogging to Blogger (I think it's better), but if you'd like to see the other blog from March go to www.k2smiths.freeblogit.com.

So let's see, March stuff. Deseret Ranch held their annual rodeo at the beginning of the month. The buckin' bronco riding was pretty sweet, and so was the Mutton Bustin'. Actually that was hilarious-- seeing these kiddies with cowboy hats and boots sit on a sheep as it tried to run away from them. One little girl totally face planted in the dirt, almost immediately, but her dad swooped in to pick her up and the crowd whooped and hollered for her. I'd say, though, that the highlight for the event was when all the little kids were invited out to run around and try to catch piglets. Only the ranch kids were really trying to catch the pigs, so it seemed. All the other kids just ran around like maniacs squealing with delight. Allie was out there with Kevin (Sami was too chicken), and I never saw her run towards anything with a curly tail, but she sure did run the entire time, laughing all the way.

The girls had both of their birthdays-- Allie turned four, and Sami turned two. You can read about Allie's birthday on the other blog. For Sami's birthday, we spent the morning at the zoo, eating a "special lunch" at the snack bar-- ya know, chicken nuggets, applesauce, fries, etc. And in the spirit of St. Patrick we were all in green, of course. I'll always need to make sure Sami has something green to wear on her birthday, especially in elementary school. Wouldn't want her to get pinched on her birthday!

Allie also got on a picnic kick. For a while, she was asking to have a picnic lunch everyday, which was actually nice since the weather, while warm, has been quite enjoyable. So we've spent a lot of time outside picnicking, and the girls have been drawing on the driveway with the sidewalk chalk I got for them.

Well, I should probably go check for that darn lizard again. Little bugger.

1 comment:

Emma said...

I was wondering what happened to you guys. I guess I missed the part where you told us about your new blog. I found out last week when I was talking with Greg and Michelle. Random huh?! I'm glad blogger is working for you again. It's good to catch up with you guys again.