Thursday, July 19, 2007

Allie-isms

We've been trying to get Allie to clean up her room for over a week now. Most of her toys have been sitting in a trash bag in the prison otherwise known as the garage. I feel like we've tried every tactic known to man, but I just tried a different approach.

"Allie, your room looks like a pigsty!"

"Yeah." She giggled.

"Does Aurora live like a pig?" Aurora is her new favorite Disney princess.

"No."

"Does Aurora live like a pig, or a princess?"

She dodged the question, quite skillfully, I must say. "No, Aurora doesn't live like a princess! She lives in Florida... with Aaaallie... and she's wearing a BYU shirt." No kidding, Allie!

Then yesterday as I sat at the computer making a grocery list, she wandered in and pulled at my arm. I asked her what she was doing.

"Mom, if you want to watch cartoons with Aaaallie, you have to go clean my room!" I busted a gut.

2 comments:

Marcie said...

Kids are so smart! I love how she emphasizes the "A" in her name.

Unknown said...

That kid cracks me up!!!!